|Job Ref:||204577221||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Excellent Salary||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Excellent Salary plus pension, training & development
I am currently looking to recruit an Automation Engineer to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
An expert in automation, maintaining a high degree of knowledge consistent with new technology role out. Training and support site maintenance teams whilst supporting R&D feedback processes.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Automation engineer will;
• Become an expert on new Material Handling Equipment and selected existing MHE.
• Carry out Root cause analysis processes
• Deliver training to site engineering teams
• Capture, analyse and feedback development ideas to appropriate teams
• Review MHE during design phase with a focus on "design for maintenance"
• Ensure H&S compliance on MHE design
• Manage technical issues through suppliers
• Facilitate CI opportunities through all relevant departments
• Ensure reporting/data analysis is consistent with standards and requirements
• Manage communications at all levels of the business
• Project manage various activities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Highly competent in controls/PLC and software environments
• Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc
• Experience of, or aptitude to learn the use of complex IT systems
• Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise
• Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
• Excellent communicator with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge
• Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MHe systems, gained from experience in an automated environment
• Experience of a FMCG environment would be an advantage
• Background in production or manufacturing engineering.
Controls/Electrical Qualification to BTEC level 3 is required
• Previous experience working within a development/prototyping environment carrying out process improvements would be advantageous.
• Lean experience an advantage
• Flexibility in work location including oversees.
• Must be able to communicate technical information both to non-technical and highly technical people, effectively.
• Ability to digest business strategies
• Flexibility in working on various tasks
• Must be motivated and have the ability to form good working relationships on an individual and a team basis
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful