|Job Ref:||204577199||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:05|
Avanti have a great opportunity for a maintenance manager to join their engineer client's team based in Berkshire. You will be responsible for looking after a team of maintenance engineers covering mechanical and electrical tasks - as such you will need to have knowledge in both these areas. You will look after contractors, estimate costs and downtime, make schedules and make sure all policies and procedures are followed.|
You will investigate and recommend ways of improving the performance of equipment and keep up to date on advances in technology that could improve efficiencies and reduce costs. The maintenance manager will be involved in disciplinary issues and resolution.
- Direct the maintenance and repair of production equipment including creating work schedules and ordering replacement parts.
- Prepare and administer a preventative maintenance schedule for production equipment designed to ensure maximum usage and limited breakdown
- Investigate and recommend methods of improving equipment performance
- Maintain accurate and current record for suppliers. Assesse the need, stocks, and inventories spare parts
- Estimate the cost for repairs to production or plant equipment or operations made by plant personnel or outside contractors
- Co-ordinate work with contractors to ensure safety and minimum disruption of manufacturing
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years experience in a maintenance supervisory position. The maintenance manager will ideally have a recognised qualification such as an ONC in Mechanical or electrical but suitable experience could suffice. If you are an experience maintenance manager looking for a new role please apply now to find out more about this exciting company and the benefits they can offer