|Job Ref:||204577193||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester City Centre||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum + excellent benefits (Grade D)||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:54|
Planning & Scheduling Manager|
Manchester city centre
The Co-op is changing. And its changing fast. As owners of one of the UKs largest commercial property portfolios, we have got a big job on our hands transforming the Co-op estate to make it fit for the future. The estates central support team brings together our plans for delivery of the Co-op property strategy. They join up the dots, call out the bottle necks, and make sure everyone is pulling in the right direction so we can execute our strategy with maximum impact. Now we need to recruit a talented Planning & Scheduling Manager to join the team, and help co-ordinate the delivery of our massive retail refit programme. If you can bring us a winning combination of amazing people skills and serious planning ability, we can offer you the chance to build a career and make a big impact in a business that really does put colleagues at the heart of its strategy.
As a Planning & Scheduling Manager at the Co-op, we will look to you to stay ahead of the curve, taking raw refit eligibility data for our stores, and working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to build an annual delivery plan. It is a big challenge. The scale and pace of change is huge. And you will need to establish your credibility with the wide range of experts supporting the delivery of our refits programme.
What you will do:
- Develop the annual refit plan, considering resources, scheduling, capacity and dependencies
- Build a plan that is aligned to Co-op commercial goals by considering various delivery options
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to validate the plan and drive delivery
- Track delivery milestones and dependencies using PDM methodology
To be successful as our Planning & Scheduling Manager, you will need to be a natural influencer who is capable of building strong relationships with all kinds of experts. We are looking for a subject matter expert of our own, so you will need extensive planning experience, and amazing analytical skills to help you draw valid insights from large volumes of data. Retail and/or construction experience would be a big advantage, but it is not essential.
What you will bring:
- Experience of planning large, complex programmes of work
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, with the ability to quickly establish your credibility
- Supplier management experience, with the ability to hold 3rd parties to account for delivery
- Great analytical skills with the ability to draw actionable insights from big data sets (you will need intermediate MS Excel skills)
We are going back to being Co-op
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they are stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that has never been more important or relevant than it is today.
That is why we are going back to being Co-op. We want to change the world all over again, and we hope you would like to join us on our journey. If you believe in our purpose, and you are keen to help shape the delivery of our refit programme, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand