|Job Ref:||204577127||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£34000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
We are working on behalf of our client who have an exciting permanent opportunity to join their manufacturing facility in Nottingham as a Project Engineer.|
Purpose of Role
To successfully manage engineering projects.
To ensure that effective engineering projects are delivered to the business within the given timescales, to the required quality within a controlled budget.
- Work closely with the Engineering Projects Manager to understand the requirements of the project and to develop solutions to support same.
- Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project and manage the development and delivery of same, through active management involving internal and external parties.
- Develop effective working relationships and on-going management processes for any given project.
- To ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the Business Unit. Set project objectives and assess performance against those objectives.
- To estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built in contingencies.
- To ensure projects meet industry leading quality and health and safety standards.
- Manage, monitor and motivate a cross functional team assigned to the project.
- Identify training or other on-going requirements
- Conduct project presentations and reports
- Management of several continuous improvement projects.
- Resolve engineering process problems that require a level of expertise above that of a first line manager or functional manager, showing your knowledge in a hands on approach.
- Create process documentation, risk assessments and instruction manuals for new processes, new equipment and design changes.
- Support processes necessary for continued accreditation to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Minimum of two years' experience of managing multi-projects in a manufacturing environment, demonstrating meeting cost, quality and delivery requirements
- Team management experience
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate initial conceptual design stage, development trials and final implementation of project
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- Proven problem solving skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer
Salary is £34,000 per annum