|Job Ref:||204577113||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Woking||Address:||Post Code:||GU22||Salary:||£36000 - £38000/annum plus car plus fuel card||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
A well know civils main contractor is looking to recruit a Site Supervisor.|
The Site Supervisor (Civil & Cable Gangs) is directly responsible for ensuring that all electricity networks are installed in a safe and professional manner and to a high standard and in accordance with applicable Method Statements.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, with relevant qualifications. To compliment excellent technical skills, candidates will need to be customer aware and confident in their ability.
Demonstration of the following would be essential
• To work safely at all times and ensure safety of all those working around them, whilst able to recognise danger and suspend work activities until safe to proceed
• To carry out formal risk assessments of the workplace, record accurately and brief staff appropriately
• To be suitably trained to carry out works within the highway, public area and client infrastructures of Cable Networks
• To ensure appropriate supervision of staff and sub-contractors, while undertaking inspections for quality and specification
• To review and understand plans, drawings and work instructions
• Able to supervise excavation of cable trenches and Joint bays, installation of high voltage cables, and reinstatement of cable trenches and joint bays. By use of hand tools and mechanical machinery
• To be authorised for entry into substations for installation and standby duties
• Compile site diaries, take deliveries, carryout Tool Box Talks and interact with Site Manager to weekly reporting
• A specialist, with proven experience within the utilities/ construction industries
• Must be self-motivated, reliable, approachable, observant, safety conscious and with high levels of attention to detail.
• Experienced in implementing HSQE and Management procedures & practices.
• Technically conversant with all relevant industry standards, specifications and practices.
• Must hold current SMST/ NRSWA (Supervisor)/ HSG47 authorisations
• A good understanding of temporary works
• Experience and knowledge of trench excavations and shoring/ and construction of joint bays
• First aid trained
• To have obtained recognised qualifications within a relevant field of expertise
• Proven people management skills
• Ability to communicate with the Client
• UKPN substation entry
• 4 Day First Aid
• Good IT skills with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and office