|Job Ref:||204577107||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:54|
Planning Manager - Rail Engineering - Milton Keynes|
I am working with a world leading rail engineering company who are looking to recruit a Planning Manager to head up their planning team in Milton Keynes. The position will focus on the implementation of an efficient project planning function and the leadership of planning teams.
The ideal candidate will have both tender & live works experience, and will have a minimum of 10 years planning experience in a relevant engineering field. The successful Planning Manager will be primarily based out of their Milton Keynes office, but occasional travel to other UK offices will be required.
Projects: The manufacture of various rolling stock products & associated infrastructure.
* 10 + years project planning experience.
* Competent user of both P6 & MS Project.
* Previous experience of implementing best practice with regards to planning functions.
* Tender & live planning experience required.
* Ability to manage & mentor planning teams.
* Minimum of Senior Planner status.
* Background in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. rail, power, defence, aviation, mechanical).
* Proven experience in strategic planning, change management & risk management.
* Develop the Project Planning capability through strong leadership of the Project Planning function.
* Develop and deliver a Project Planning and Controls strategy which takes account of the forward business plan and market trends.
* Using both P6 & MSP, produce full scale project plans for all projects ensuring appropriate controls and quality are incorporated.
* Provide a strategic Planning service to the business advising on overall capacity and other resource requirements.
* Implement planning changes and interventions to achieve project outputs and improve margin.
* Basic salary up to £60,000.
* Negotiable benefits package dependent on experience.
Please apply by sending your CV to:
(url removed) - (Apply online only)
Services advertised by Project Resource Ltd are those of an agency and/or an employment business