|Job Ref:||204576798||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Our client a national heavy lift and engineering organisation based in South Yorkshire are currently looking to hire Senior Control Systems Design Engineer.|
The Senior Control Systems Design Engineer will enhance the existing control system department in order to deliver best in class designs and operational excellence to our clients. Working collaboratively with clients to meet project specifications is the key focus for all design and contract management activities.
A key part of this overall deliverable is the hardware design of the electrical control systems using AutoCad Electrical to generate the Electrical Schematics, control panel General Arrangement drawings, Cable Schedules and Bill of Materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understanding of customer specifications and individual project control system requirements in order to be able to identify/clarify any contract scope of supply issues
* Where variations to contract are identified, provide technical and commercial justifications for the changes to the Project Manager.
* Working to the Project Program ensure allocated work milestones for the control system design and supply elements of the contract are achieved.
* Produce Basis of Design Specifications (BoD) for review with the Controls Dept Manager and contract Project Manager and/or client for comment/approval before the electrical design commences.
* Produce a Functional Design Specification (FDS) for the contract and keep updated as the control system design develops such that the FDS can be used as a design verification document.
* Produce a Software Design Specification (SDS) for the contract, if required, and keep updated as the control system design develops such that the SDS can be used as a design verification document.
* Produce Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Test documentation
* Produce electrical schematic drawings for the control system using AutoCAD Electrical drawing package.
* Produce control panel General Arrangement drawings using AutoCAD Electrical drawing package.
* Produce control system cable schedules using AutoCAD Electrical drawing package.
* Produce control system PLC/SCADA/HMI software as required for the project.
* Peer review and approve control system drawings, software and design documents produced by other Electrical Design Engineers and/or subcontractors, where required.
* Involvement in Control System and multidisciplinary Design Risk Assessments.
* Peer review control system designs to ensure they are in compliance with the contract specifications and incorporate design elements identified during Design Risk Assessments.
* Arrange electrical control system design review meetings with the client and/or internally, as necessary, and minute accordingly if the Project Manager is not in attendance.
* Management and control of electrical sub-contractors, as and when required by the contract
* Conduct client Factory Acceptance Tests at SCX SP Barrow Road Assembly Facility.
* Conduct Site Acceptance Tests on client sites.
Qualifications and experience required:
* Degree qualified in a relevant technical/engineering discipline.
Note: If not degree qualified then applicants must demonstrate they have significant experience in the design of electrical control systems.
* Ability to generate electrical schematics and general arrangement drawings using AutoCad Electrical package.
* Knowledge of leading PLC/HMI suppliers (e.g. from Siemens, Rockwell, Group Schneider).
* A full UK drivers licence is essential for this position as travelling between offices/sites may be required.
* Up to date knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation including CDM Regulations.
* Knowledge of Machinery Safety Design and Regulations (BS 13849-1) and use of SYSTEMA machine safety verification package.
* Knowledge of Functional Safety Design and Regulations (BS EN 61508, BS EN 62061).
* Knowledge of Amtech cable calculation package.
* Knowledge of Variable Speed Drives.
* PLC/HMI programming skills