|Job Ref:||204576563||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£43000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:54|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer |
£43,000 - £45,000
Interaction Recruitment now has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in the Bristol area.
My client is a well known, Global consultancy specialising the planning, design and supervision of geotechnical engineering solutions for clients in the Highways Agency, Transport for London, Local Authorities, the Environment Agency, Canal & Rivers Trust, Water Companies and selected Civil Engineering.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Developing skills and knowledge base in both technically and managerially.
• Preparation of documentation relating to projects
• Preparing geotechnical calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
• Participating in the resolution of technical issues
• Gaining experience and proficiency in the companies systems and procedures
• Building relationships with internal and external Clients on projects
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
• Write and review high quality technical reports
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• MEng in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical engineering bias.
• MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or Soil Mechanics
• Chartered Engineer or progressing towards becoming a Chartered Engineer in relevant field
• Excellent numerical skills using hand calculations and industry software
• Excellent report writing skills and ability to check reports to a high standard
• Considerable experience within the civil engineering industry
• Strong level of experience and skills in both technical and commercial areas
• Be willing to assist and participate in developing self and other team members to their full potential
• Outgoing and confident with excellent communication, motivation and report writing skills
• Team player and self-starter
• Problem solver
• Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact me directly on (Apply online only) | (Apply online only) or send a copy of your up to date CV to