|Job Ref:||204576526||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bexley||Address:||Post Code:||DA5||Salary:||£40000/annum Up to £40,000 + benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
Microsoft Partner who specialises in delivering support and business intelligence software development services, currently requires a Senior Technical Support Engineer with strong Windows Server 2012 knowledge to join it`s team in the Bexley area, Kent.|
With a minimum of three years experience working within Windows-based environments, providing third line support in both a BAU and project based capacity, the successful Senior Technical Support Engineer will utilise demonstrable knowledge of Windows Server 2012; with experience of System Centre Configuration Management and ideally, Powershell and/or VB scripting.
Supporting a range of applications and the supporting infrastructure, primary duties will include the following:
- Microsoft App-V 4.6 and 5.1 sequencing and administration
- Microsoft System Centre 2012 R2
- General application and technical support
In addition, the Senior Technical Support Engineer will carry out the following:
- Group Policy administration
- Internal infrastructure support
- Documentation records to the required standards
The successful Senior Technical Support Engineer will work alone, within project teams and directly with external clients. As such, you will ideally have project based experience and a Prince2 qualification, as well as an understanding of service processes, demonstrated through an ITIL Foundation. Please note that these are desirable qualifications and are not essential.
Being a Microsoft partner, however, please note that the business insists that Microsoft accreditations and a willingness to keep this up to date is essential.
In summary, the technical skills required for this position are as follows:
- Microsoft System Centre design, Build and administration
- Microsoft Windows Server administration/support
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Microsoft Office
- Scripting PowerShell, VB etc. (desirable)
- Application Packaging for SCCM and APP-V (desirable)
- Microsoft App-V (desirable)
- Experience of Microsoft Hyper-V/Virtual PC/VMWare (desirable)
In reward for your valuable contribution, you will be paid a salary of £40,000 plus benefits including life assurance, pension scheme and 20 days annual leave which increases over time. You will also have a company parking space and easy transport links.
Keywords: 3rd Line Support, Windows Server 2012, Powershell Scripting, System Centre Configuration Management, ITIL, Prince2, Senior Technical Support Engineer, Bexley, Kent, Dartford, Bexleyheath, Southeast
This is a permanent vacancy