|Job Ref:||204577696||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kensington and Chelsea||Address:||Post Code:||SW1||Salary:||£42000 - £47000/annum Pension, Health care||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Please see below for a vacancy that has come in for a resident site supervisor based in Kensington West London:-|
Purpose of the Job
The site supervisor is to be responsible at all times for managing the effective and safe delivery of M&E maintenance services in accordance with the requirements of the contract, ensuring contract SLA's are met. This will be achieved through close management and guidance of all operational staff and sub-contractor personnel whilst on site.
The site supervisor will be expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the operation of all M&E systems and equipment under his / her control, ensuring that all plant is operated efficiently and in a manner that ensures continued reliability and availability to meet the operational requirements.
* To be responsible for day work staff, ensuring the health, safety and well being of all personnel whilst on site.
* To ensure the correct and efficient operation of all plant and systems.
* To ensure management are kept informed at all times of all changes to plant availability.
* To oversee all works undertaken by personnel and sub-contractors.
* To have a full understanding of all engineering services for which have contractual responsibility?
* Preparation of quotations for repairs / improvements.
* Ensure all records, log books and monitoring systems are kept up to date and complaint with all required information.
* To maintain all statutory compliance information up to date and complaint for audit purposes.
* Whilst on site, ensure that all operational personnel behave in a professional manner, are suitably dressed in uniform and PPE, and work effectively to deliver the high standards of M&E maintenance as required by the contract.
* To provide technical guidance and support on all M&E related matters
* To undertake annual performance appraisals with Direct Reports, ensuring suitable personal development plan is implemented and followed to enhance the performance and career development of all direct reports.
* To manage personnel attendance, ensuring attendance on site is in accordance with contract requirements with regard to time on site and numbers of personnel. This includes ensuring sufficient holiday and sickness cover is arranged.
* The site supervisor is to have a thorough understanding of all systems on site.
* This is to include the switching of critical electrical systems, UPS and generator supplies and chilled water systems.
* To liaise with Technical Services department staff to ensure they are kept advised and updated of all major incidents which may have an impact on operations.
* To ensure all plantroom rounds/ checks are completed correctly and any defects found are actioned.
* To undertake spot checks/audits of completed PPM tasks, ensuring works have been completed satisfactorily.
* To review the daily report issued by the contract support team, reviewing outstanding tasks and actioning tasks wherever possible.
* To obtain quotations for spare parts / consumable materials to undertake routine maintenance and repairs, and get business support to raise purchase orders accordingly.
* To review stock levels of critical / essential spares, ensuring adequate stocks are maintained.
* To identify innovations that can be delivered to enhance the service delivery and maximise energy savings.
* To promote Health and Safety as part of the day to day working practice, ensuring all personnel under your control embrace H&S processes and procedures.
* To provide leadership and guidance to personnel on site, ensuring that all personnel are gainfully employed, that all planned and reactive tasks are completed in a timely manner, and any downtime of equipment is kept to a minimum through close liaison with suppliers and personnel.
* Previous experience of a customer-facing role.
* Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus. Excellent verbal, and good basic standard of written,
* Communication skills.
* Self-motivated and systematic.
* Results/ task orientated attention to detail and accuracy.
* Excellent time management and organisational skills.
* Commitment to continuous improvement.
* Ability to work independently as this is essentially a single man site.
* Committed to customer service delivery.
* Reliable and committed.
* Confidential and discrete approach.
* Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities.
* Smart appearance.
* Recognised qualifications in electrical and mechanical engineering.
* H&S qualification, with IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum. Good PC based skills, with experience in MS Office including
* Word, Excel and Outlook.
* HND or equivalent qualification in Building Services Engineering
* £42k to £47k based upon experience
* Salaries are reviewed annually.
* Paid by BACS on 24th of the month.
* 40 per week
* 9.00am until 6.00pm and a lunch break of 1 hour 5 per week.
* Monday to Friday
* 25 Days per annum, plus statutory days, through the holiday year which runs 1 January to 31 December.
* The Company offers membership of a contributory Group Personal Pension