|Job Ref:||204575201||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£36000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Job Title: Principal Bridge Engineer|
Salary: £36K - £45K
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Principal Engineer to join our Bridges Structures team. Based out of the Cardiff office, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on the design and delivery of a variety of challenging schemes. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chartered professional or someone approaching Chartership.
1. Produce high quality solutions for bridge projects, applying engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative design solutions
2. Provide technical guidance for the preparation of discrete structural schemes or specific elements of major improvements, at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design
3. Provide technical guidance and support on multi-disciplinary projects and opportunities in the field of civil/structural engineering in both the highway and rail sectors
4. Lead project teams and have a proven background in project delivery and technical excellence.
5. Undertake the role of CRE on Network Rail schemes
6. Experience and working knowledge of structural assessment and design
7. Develop, supervise and train junior engineers
8. Build and maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients and contribute to the marketing of the Consultancy to potential clients
1. Chartered professional or nearing Chartership with significant post graduate experience.
2. Ability to successfully deliver bridge projects and satisfy client requirements.
3. Experience performing a similar role within a highway structures team and/or rail team.
4. Thorough understanding of structural design principles
5. In depth knowledge and understanding of the conceptual and detailed design of a broad range of structures including associated approval procedures
6. Experience in the use of relevant design standards and codes of practice including Structural Eurocodes.
1. Excellent standard of oral and written communication
2. Proficient in the use of design/analysis software (e.g. SAM, LUSAS, Midas, Superstress)
3. Familiarity with health & safety legislation and the CDM regulations
4. Conversant with Network Rail standards
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn