|Job Ref:||204575141||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Salary:||£20000 - £24500/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:43|
Cheshire, WA14 2UN
£20,(Apply online only) - £24,500 per annum (DOE)
Aquarium Software Limited () is a rapidly expanding business process software vendor based in the North West of England, with additional offices in Oxford, Ireland and North America.
The majority of our clients operate in the insurance, commercial banking and personal finance markets.
We are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year and have enjoyed consistent growth since our incorporation in 2006. We take corporate governance extremely seriously and are proud to be an ISO 27001 and 9001 certified company.
We are looking for a confident and professional Junior/Graduate Developer with a flair for maintaining and writing clean, high quality code and delivering technical projects on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will be articulate and illustrate an ability to communicate with team members, other internal departments and clients. You will possess a good level of development knowledge and be skilled in being able to ask relevant questions to derive a clear understanding of the project in order to deliver the objectives. The role reports to the Development Manager.
As a Junior/Graduate Developer, you will:
* Perform all work in accordance with the company's documented development standards and OWASP guidelines
* Create new systems, components and interfaces according to specification provided
* Fix bugs, add new features and enhance existing features according to specification provided
* Investigate and troubleshoot issues, providing 2nd / 3rd line IT support to other departments within Aquarium and its associated companies
* Create and undertake unit tests, recording all results in accordance with the company's procedures
* Assist when requested with integration and system testing
About You: Person Specification
You are passionate about writing the very best code. You have the skills, drive and talent to continuously improve and learn new technologies. You're a team player and enjoy solving problems. You are professional and relish learning and self-development.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* You have 1-2 years of .NET development experience in a commercial environment or/and a good degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
* You have some understanding of source control solutions (Mercurial)
* You have a good working knowledge of web user interface design (UID), software development process, Object-Oriented design (OOD)
* You have excellent attention to detail
* You can organise yourself on multiple work tasks and have the ability to priories them to meet specific deadlines
* You are quick to grasp and understand new tasks and ideas
* You are a great team worker
* You have a strong desire for self-improvement and advancement
* You are ambitious and prepared to commit to a rapidly growing company through a period of considerable expansion
Junior/Graduate Developer Benefits:
* 25 days' holiday entitlement pro-rata a year in addition to all public bank holidays
* Private Healthcare
* Life Insurance
* Pension Scheme
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and think you're the very person for our Junior/Graduate Developer position, please apply now. Upon applying, you will receive an application pack, for you to fill in and return to