|Job Ref:||204575114||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:43|
Business Application Consultant|
Cheshire, WA14 2UN
£28,(Apply online only) to £32,750 per annum (DOE)
Aquarium Software Limited () is a rapidly expanding business process software vendor based in the North West of England, with additional offices in Oxford, Ireland and North America.
The majority of our clients operate in the insurance, commercial banking and personal finance markets.
We are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year and have enjoyed consistent growth since our incorporation in 2006. We take corporate governance extremely seriously and are proud to be an ISO 27001 and 9001 certified company.
We are looking for an experienced, confident and professional Business Application Consultant with a flair for delivering business process solutions using the Aquarium platform.
You will be responsible for building and delivering enterprise solutions, delivered on time and within budget. You will be an excellent and confident communicator, leading both technical briefings and business requirement gathering sessions. You will possess excellent written and oral skills in order to document requirements, author technical documents, attend and chair meetings as well as designing and documenting integration needs.
The successful applicant will be asked to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad. The role reports to the Service Delivery/Project Manager.
As a Business Application Consultant, you will:
* Map out the business and Aquarium architecture for client implementations
* Liaise closely with the functional and technical teams
* Lead requirement gathering and technical design sessions
* Author internal and external technical design and implementation documents
* Manage the technical delivery of integrations and custom extensions
* Manage the technical scope and client expectations
* Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers on technical issues
* Design and manage the execution of test plans
* Provide technical handover and assistance to internal support team members
* Mentor and support other consultants in the team
* Deliver end user training
* Follow internal processes and ISO 27001 and 9001 standards
About you: Person Specification
You are bright, sociable and articulate. You relish self-improvement and pick things up quickly. You thrive in a collaborative, supportive environment and possess a positive 'can do' attitude. You are a pragmatic problem solver with a great eye for detail.
As a Business Application Consultant you will have the following experience and attributes:
* You have experience of acting as a solution architect for 2-3 years' within a commercial environment
* You have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including SQL scripting
* You have proven solution engineering and real-world delivery experience
* You are professional and articulate and have excellent written and oral technical communication skills
* You can cope well under pressure, can multitask and can adapt to changing circumstances
* You have sound judgement and will consider all facts before making a judgement
* You have good organisational and time management skills and can prioritise effectively
* You are personable, able to establish a good rapport quickly and establish trust in the long term
* You are an excellent team worker
* You are comfortable working independently to investigate and resolve unfamiliar problems
* You have some experience team leading and mentoring colleagues
* You are confident in supervising others, but also lead though example
* You have knowledge of ISO 9001 & ISO 27001 industry standards
Business Application Consultant benefits:
* Paid overtime work offered
* 25 days' holiday entitlement pro-rata a year in addition to all public bank holidays
* Private Healthcare
* Life Insurance
* Pension Scheme
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and think you're the very person for our Business Application Consultant position, please apply now. Upon applying, you will receive an application pack, for you to fill in and return to