|Job Ref:||204575959||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Central London||Address:||Salary:||£300 - £320/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:50|
Quantity Surveyor required for high end residential refurbishment projects, for this main contractor, based out in central London.|
They are based in central London, the main contractor work throughout Kensington, Chelsea and Belgravia.
They are looking for a freelance Quantity Surveyor, with an assignment that could last 4 years.
Experience of measuring and pricing building work - planning and overseeing costs from the beginning of the project to the end of the project. In charge of keeping a close eye on finances from the first budget to the final bill. Responsibility of making sure a project meets every legal and quality standard and that the client gets value for their money.
- carrying out feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- negotiating and drawing up bids for tenders and contracts
- monitoring each stage of construction to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts
- providing financial progress reports to clients
- advising clients on legal and contractual matters
- acting on clients' behalf to resolve disputes
- assessing the financial costs of new environmental guidelines, such as using sustainable timber
You will be a Quantity Surveyor with background with a main contractor, and experience of high end residential refurbishment projects