|Job Ref:||204575953||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Carlisle||Address:||Post Code:||CA3||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:48|
Job Title: Principal Bridge Engineer|
Salary: £45K - £50K
An excellent opportunity for a Chartered Bridge Engineer to join a growing Engineering team based in Carlisle. We are looking for an experienced Bridge Engineer to join an established Bridge Engineering, Civils and Structural team based in Carlisle. In particular, we are seeking a Chartered Engineer with extensive bridge design experience to contribute towards the management and maintenance of bridges and highway structures and to provide structural design advice.
You will be involved in:
1. Principal, General and Special inspections of bridges.
2. Assessment of bridges and highway structures
3. Contributing to feasibility studies, designs and reports
4. Maintenance Planning and Management
5. Assist with programme management and monitoring of KPIs
6. Contribute to other fee earning consultancy work & primarily in other Civils orientated projects
7. Ensure designs are carried out in accordance with current (DMRB) design standards taking into account CDM legislation, whole life costing, value and risk management
8. Develop and mentor graduates and other team members as required
9. Work independently carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements
10. Project management
11. Lead design teams throughout all phases of the project, from bidding to completion
12. Work on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions, ranging from inspection and assessment work to feasibility studies
1. Bridge asset management inspections and assessments
2. Project management
3. NEC ECC form of contract
4. AutoCAD and BIM
5. Superstress or Structural Bridge Designer
6. A range of bridge engineering solutions
7. Working to design standards including Eurocodes and DMRB
8. Working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.
1. Chartered Engineer Status (MICE or MIStructE)
2. BEng/BSc in Civil or Structural Engineering discipline
3. Major infrastructure design experience with ability to design a range of bridges
4. Extensive knowledge of Contract preparation.
5. Proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office
6. Full driving licence
7. Excellent report writing skills
8. Good presentation and communication skills
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn