|Job Ref:||204575907||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:43|
One of our clients a Major Retailer based in Central London are currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join them on an initial 3 month period with likely extensions.|
We have an exciting role for an energetic, high-performing Unix infrastructure engineer to act as the subject matter expert for a key Infrastructure Project and the ongoing Operational Support.
This will be a lead role following a strategic projects through the delivery lifecycle and into Operations. The role will be responsible for solution design and delivery of work packages to implement new virtualisation capability during the project. This is a new capability and exciting opportunity to drive standards and automation.
Roles / Responsibilities :
* Be part of a matrix infrastructure project team, contributing to successful delivery from initial scoping through transition to operations.
* Work on business-driven and 'underpinning technology' projects.
* Lead efforts around standardisation and automation within the infrastructure area.
* Build and maintain relationships with users and peers, gaining respect and trust from business users through quality deliverables.
* Work independently to meet objectives, quality standards and deadlines in a continuously changing, complex environment..
* Be responsible for own technical work and/or project and/or supervisory responsibilities.
* Manage and assess significant risks and act as an escalation point
* Be the technical authority for aspects of infrastructure development for assigned applications.
Job Requirements (Essential ) :
* Experience of SUSE 11/ Oracle Linux 7 and IBM Power running AIX 5.3 - 7.1
* Hands on technical experience of Oracle VM. Or other comparable virtualisation platforms.
* Experience of AIX Network Installation Manager (NIM) for installation, customisation and maintenance
* Understanding of PowerVM and Virtual I/O Server.
* Exposure to VMware ESXi and vSphere
* Basic understanding of networking concepts - DNS, load balancing, IP firewalls.
* Scripting using ksh, bash, perl. Others considered.
* Hypervisor experience.
* Must have experience in command line Linux/ Unix
If this role does seem in line with your skills and experience and would like to know more then please do apply