|Job Ref:||204575821||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£340 - £350/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:48|
Control Systems Engineer x 3|
Contract Role, Birmingham
Systems Engineer - Job Role/ Purpose:
• To design and develop control systems for the engine controls units.
Systems Engineer - Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Performing requirements reviews
• Requirements writing
• Diagrammatical context description
• Familiarity with embedded Electronics terminology
• SysML familiarity
• Probing and investigative analysis of problems
• Problem statement creation, solution and implementation
• Embedded Software Understanding
• Produce requirements to RTCA/DO-178B and ARP 4761 standards.
• Develop working controllers for the engines in simulation.
• To build controllers and strategies for controlling the engines.
• To work on the main dynamic model of the engine
• Deliver additions to the main dynamic engine model.
• To aid with certification efforts with DO-178 compliant code
• Systems Engineer - Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience of systems development to DO-178 standard.
• Background in Aerospace/Automotive systems engineering preferably electronics based, but consideration given for other disciplines.
• Strong grasp of written English and ability to write clear, concise and unambiguous requirement texts
• Experience working in a change-control driven environment using tools such as Telelogic Synergy (Change and CM) ™
• Familiar with gas turbine engines
• Trained in control systems
• Knowledge of gas turbine and engine controllers
• Experience of MATLAB, SIMULINK and STATEFLOW applied to gas turbine engines.
• Familiarity with Industry systems tools such as Telelogic DOORS™, SysML/UML e.g. Artisan Real Time Studio™.
• Experience of controller design and implementation (theory and practice)
• Experience of systems development and testing in a DO-178 compliant environment
Systems Engineer- Qualifications
• Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline