|Job Ref:||204575769||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:48|
Our client has 2 long term Commercial Manager opportunities based at their offices in Lancashire.|
The first will be working on civil nuclear projects and the second will be working on defence projects.
• The Commercial Manager shall ensure that project objectives are aligned to legal and commercial aspects, whilst at the same time respecting all statutory and procedural requirements. Good knowledge of Contract and Commercial Law. A working knowledge of NEC3 contracts / discreet contractual terms is essential.
•Responsible for developing and managing all aspects of commercial management and control, within an integrated project management team.
• Having wide-ranging commercial skills, an effective communicator with the ability to build close and productive relationships. The ability to get the job done accurately, efficiently and expediently. To be adaptable to new situations and challenges and to be able to work under pressure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
•Assisting business directors with commercial guidance / positioning.
•Manage associated commercial / procurement resource in the successful delivery of activities.
•Resolving contractual and commercial issues.
• Offering direction and instruction regarding commercial matters (Commercial advisor) with project / procurement managers.
• Discovering areas that are not in keeping with regulation practices.
• Reviewing, scrutinizing current / future contractual terms across both Nuclear / Aerospace industries.
• Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of contract exposures are clear to all parties.
• Commercial risk analysis and identifying risk mitigation options commensurate with business winning or customer management strategy.
• Ensuring that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations; reflecting them accurately.
• Support functional activities - developing / formulation of commercial processes.
• Negotiation and agreement of final accounts from both a Client's and Contractor/Supplier's perspective.
• Formulation of Contract and major-subcontract flow down requirements.
• Compliance with Company, Client Policies and Corporate Governance.
• Manage and report all commercial issues.
Key Skills and Competencies:
• A proven record of success in senior-level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry.
• Experience of management of people and resources.
• A wide knowledge of the industry.
• An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
• Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interest and of meeting statutory requirements.
• A strong operational understanding of latest commercial terms (e.g. NEC3) and abilities in operating under discreet contractual terms & conditions / flow-down requirements.
• Excellent management skills covering; leadership, decision making, planning, time management, analytical, problem solving, organisational, interpersonal and communication.
• Degree Level in a relevant subject.
• CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) or ICM (Institute of Commercial Management) qualified