|Job Ref:||204574309||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£000000 - £100000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:46|
Works Manager (Machined Components / Fabrication): Manchester £Highly Competitive Package|
Huxley Engineering and one of the North West's most established Engineering names in the production of large machined components and fabrications are looking to recruit a Works Manager to effectively manage a busy and fast-paced Production Facility (average lead times of 6 weeks from order to shipping), through effective leadership, man-management and delegation, whilst driving efficiencies within an established production process (moving from a Reactive to Proactive approach over time) and ensuring that the 70+ Jobs that are live at any one time, are delivered on time, to quality and to budget.
It requires a proactive individual with previous experience of working as a Senior Production Manager / Operations Manager / Works Manager in a fast paced and demanding environment, where customer requirements and timescales can often change, so this Works Manager role requires someone who has previous experience of managing and running a Production Facility with similar customer needs (through effective prioritization, planning, man-management and leadership) that is 100+ heads strong.
* Direct Reports - Machining Manager and Fabrications Manager (Circa 40 indirect)
* Day to day management of the production facility - working with and through the Production Managers.
* Set up and maintain efficient communication methods (both formal and informal), such as production management meetings, to ensure all involved and interested parties understand current and planned activities and their role within them.
* Overall production planning of all jobs going through the production facility:
* Daily, weekly, monthly and advance planning.
* Maximising the efficient use of machines and people.
* Managing the demands of different customers' requirements.
* Trouble shooting for short term demands and to respond to machine/people unavailability.
* Developing and maintaining appropriate planning tools (eg a master planning board) to give maximum visibility to the whole management team.
* Ensuring jobs are on time to agreed delivery dates, implementing countermeasures where required and reporting concerns to the Managing Director.
* Ensuring jobs are on budget to agreed quotations, reporting concerns to the Managing Director.
* Implement continuous improvement activities in all areas of production. Establish measures that can be monitored and set improvement targets and review performance on a periodic basis
* Manpower planning to meet current and forecast production activities
Requirements for Works Manager role:
* Previous experience in a Works / Operations Management position in a bespoke and/or batch manufacturing/engineering environment.
* Previous experience managing a workforce of 100+.
* Previous experience managing production areas operating on shift systems.
* Comprehensive production planning experience in a multi-process, short lead-time environment.
* People management skills, including: manpower planning, recruitment, discipline and grievance, absence management, performance reviews, training and developments and employee relations.
* A proven track record of continuous improvement.
* Previous experience of site health and safety management.
* An Engineering degree.
* Previous experience in any of the following environments:
* Heavy engineering.
* The manufacture of components for industries such as Oil & Gas, Nuclear/Energy.
* Machining and/or fabrications.
* A NEBOSH health and safety qualification.
* Previous experience setting up and managing an apprenticeship scheme.
For the successful Works Manager role, a highly competitive salary and benefits package is on offer and this Works Manager role is commutable from Manchester, Bolton, Wigan, Warrington, Rochdale, Oldham, Liverpool, Preston, Blackburn, Ormskirk, Skelmersdale, Bury, Chorley, St Helens, Huyton & Prescot.
To be considered for this Works Manager role, please apply via the link below