|Job Ref:||204574238||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||17/10/2016 02:09|
Senior Temporary Works Designer - Manchester|
A multi-award winning group, renowned for providing high calibre engineering design solutions, with a particular flair for the unique and challenging is currently recruiting a Senior Temporary Works Designer, who will be willing to help develop the temporary works capabilities of the Manchester office. The successful candidate will be proficient in temporary works design to BS5975 and will ideally have achieved Chartership or working towards their final approach.
You will need to be a very hands on technical design professional with a background of designing temporary works with contractors.
The majority of projects will be within Rail so experience of design of Temp Works in this sector will be a huge advantage.
This role is for someone who can work under the Technical Leader with a view to take over the team in the short to medium term. Experience of working with junior designers would be a nice to have.
We are not looking for a Manager or supervisor of Designers. We are looking for a Senior Designer.
• Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects under your control
• Prepare fee budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects under your control
• Specify and/or manage site examination and investigation works in a safe and effective manner
• Identify and manage risks for the work under your control to agreed acceptable levels
• Co-ordinate with other engineers both in the regional offices and between Groups
• Develop the relationship between the company and new and existing clients in order to identify potential work
• Support less experienced employees, sharing knowledge and acting as a coach or mentor
• Maintain client relationships through liaison on proposals and project work
• Manage and train colleagues undertaking project work
• Contribute to the management of the company by participating in Action Groups (by invitation)
• Comply with the Company Health & Safety procedures, Quality Assurance/Environmental Management system procedures and documentation, CDM Regulations, and general legislation
• Provide support to the Quality Manager by participating in training, audits and providing feedback.
Skills & Experience Required
• Minimum of 10 years? experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
• Minimum of 10 years? experience in the hands on design of temporary works (including proprietary systems where appropriate)
• Experience of co-ordinating and delivering temporary works designs for rail and broad civil engineering projects
• Proficient in hands on temporary works design to BS5975
• Ideally experience of steel, concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Eurocodes
• Ideally experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
• Ideally experience in the use of computer drawing software, e.g. AutoCAD or Microstation
• Production of design drawings and supervision of CAD technicians