|Job Ref:||204574130||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Post Code:||N1||Salary:||£0 - £70/annum package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LEADING TIER ONE CONTRACTOR - UP TO £70K + BENEFIT|
Our client is a family-run, national contractor that specialise in the construction industry across Construction, healthcare, social housing & residential. Fawkes and Reece are currently recruiting for the construction business where they work on new build projects. The sectors they cover are education, mixed-use, leisure, and retail, healthcare and commercial. Our Client is a sought for contractor to work for as they have an over £1 billion turnover and over 150 years successful track record. Being an established Main Contractor, they can offer employees the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting and prestigious projects, a great work life balance and of course a competitive salary & package.
The client currently employs in excess of 3000 people and has offices located across the UK. They are currently recruiting from their London division and are looking to bring on a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work in North London.
Due to growing demands, they are looking for someone to join their team to work on a £10 Million new build in North London. The project is with a very good client of theirs and is a prestigious and interesting scheme.
* Ensure all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
* Regularly reviews project accountabilities.
* Regularly monitors project objectives facilitates a change in process where appropriate.
* Regularly reviews group CR policies and ensures project teams are updated.
* Liaises with client and project teams to maximise group CR policies and or opportunities.
* Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
* Ensure main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
* Agree and implement project strategies with all relevant parties.
* Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value.
* Ensure all subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
* Measurement and valuation
* Contractual instructions / notices / orders
* Health and Safety
* Monthly MCR
* Procurement reports
* Agree and produce main and subcontract final
* Minimum 6 years' experience as a senior QS for a main contractor
* Experience working on projects valued up to £10 Million
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Belonging to a professional body desirable
* Excellent interpersonal skills & high attention to detail
* Proficient in MS packages
* Full, clean UK driving licence
If you are interested in this position or know anyone for the role, please get in contact with Jen at Fawkes and Reece on (Apply online only). Please email your updated CV to (url removed)