|Job Ref:||204573991||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£24000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:46|
A leading technology based manufacturer based in Plymouth with a successful background in the design and production of bespoke material solutions for the Marine and Leisure industries are currently looking to recruit an experienced Project Design Engineer.|
Required skills and experience:
• Engineering based degree (marine/mechanical or similar).
• Computer literate with a good knowledge of Solidworks or a similar 3D CAD package.
• Attention to detail and clear communication skills are essential.
• 'Can do', flexible attitude.
• Creative & innovative approach to problem solving & product / process development and be able to work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously
• Ability to work consistently to high standards of accuracy and quality is essential.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Production of detailed written work instructions for manufacture and installation of products.
• Technical drawings to accompany work instructions and quotations.
• Product design and development.
• Structural and mechanical calculations.
• Creation of new parts and bills of materials.
• CNC toolpathing.
• Finite element analysis - linear and non-linear.
• Rendering images of parts and leisure installations.
• Liaising with the factory floor.
• Site surveys.
• Responsible for assisting with the efficient running of projects both from the office and on site.
• Supporting the project manager and site managers as necessary.
• Processing project documentation in accordance with project requirements.
• Demonstrate economy and efficiency in all areas.
• Provide assistance to operations and manufacturing departments as required.
• Ensure that quality requirements are adhered to.
• Report work concisely, accurately and regularly.
• Reliability in completion of tasks and independent working.
If you are a Project Design Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For an informal chat please phone (Apply online only) and ask for Samantha Edwards. Many thanks for your interest