|Job Ref:||204573957||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
TECHNICAL MANAGER - LONDON - £50K - 65K plus package|
Our client seeks a Technical Manager for their expanding portfolio of work.
They have successfully built up a pan-European industrial portfolio of approx. 13 million sqm. (as per April 2016) located in multiple countries across Europe and are now well positioned for future opportunities of growth through redevelopment of existing assets as well as acquisition and development of new assets.
As Technical Manager you will be responsible for performing varied duties across all of our clients portfolio predominantly within the industrial/warehouse sector. The duties will be to support the regional teams on technical issues and problems giving best advice, reviewing information provided for developments and acquisitions, managing larger schemes including building expansions and budgeting/forecasting expenditures.
The Technical Manager will report to the Director of Property, but will need to have a close working relationship with regional Managing Directors and country Asset Managers.
The role will require a strong personality capable of working on their own or as part of a team and having a clear mind to achieve the objectives required for each scheme or problem.
* Managing and coordinating a team of consultants and contractors on a project basis
* Preparation of reports showing status of progress, cost and quality.
* Managing feasibility studies and putting together consultant teams.
* Knowledge of costing process and giving team advice on design, best options and estimated costs.
* Working closely with customers and service suppliers ensuring effective and proactive management of projects.
* In cooperation with regional teams coordination and monitoring of performance of the external Facilities Management supplier(s) in order to ensure optimal service to Company including:
* Level of the costs.
* Complying with the regulations and Company standards.
* In cooperation with regional teams coordination and monitoring of cash flow for individual schemes and overall regional project budgets.
* Supporting the regional teams in budgeting, sourcing, structuring and managing contracts with external service providers.
* Where required coordinate with the existing tenants to document proposed changes to the assets.
* Supporting the regional teams in negotiating and managing third party contracts to ensure value for money is achieved.
* Regular inspections of properties as directed including:
* general overview of the outside areas (roads, truck courts, parking, green areas, fences) and the roof
* checking of all documentation (as-built docs, statutory certification etc)
* Inspection of the tenants where any issues were reported.
* Coordination when required, with handover inspections, dilapidation and "make ready" activities.
* Supporting Asset Manager with annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for Capital Expenditure according to budgeting/forecasting calendar.
* Support the regional team to maintain accurate documentation of relevant documents, permits and correspondence.
* Provide feedback to the Teams to optimize future property design from a maintenance perspective.
* Support the regional teams or lead (as may be required from time to time on specific projects) the Project Management and Construction Projects, including:
* Arranging of the tenders,
* Appointment of project specific consultants,
* Managing of the works,
* Handing over of the works.
* Support the regional teams in managing issues arising from tenant snagging list and warranty repairs.
* Other tasks as may be appropriate from time to time to ensure that the
* Portfolio is managed in accordance with the principles of good estate management.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Industry specific degree or member of an industry body such as the Institute of Chartered Builders or Surveyors.
* A minimum of 2 years post degree or chartered experience.
* Strong knowledge of the real estate market within the industrial / warehouse sector understanding not only the construction, but operational aspects and tenant needs.
* Understanding of dilapidation and licensed alterations procedures.
* Able to demonstrate good leadership, coordination and communication skills with internal and external teams.
* Strong work ethic with drive and determination to thrive in a demanding work environment and to meet tight deadlines.
* Able to travel with some overnight stays