|Job Ref:||204575052||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:01|
Junior Electrical Estimator - Cambridge - Permanent|
A 90 year old, family owned mechanical and electrical services company are actively looking for a Junior Electrical Estimator based in their Cambridge office. The company has an annual turnover in excess of £70 million and directly employs 500 operative, engineering and support staff. This exciting opportunity is part of the companys on-going growth strategy within the UK.
As the Junior Electrical Estimator you will work alongside other Electrical Estimators assisting in preparing electrical estimates of values up to several million but initially be working on smaller projects to develop your estimating skills and knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team, and learn the concepts and procedures of estimating with the scope of progressing your career into an Estimators role.
As the Junior Electrical Estimator you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Assist Electrical Estimators to ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard.
• Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from electrical specialists.
• Liaising with other members of the estimating team and Contracts Managers.
• Learning the process and tender reviews and resolving any issues that have been identified.
• Learning the concepts and procedures of estimating.
• Inputting data into a spreadsheet recording the quotations.
• Liaising with technical representatives on products/plant.
• Sending and receiving enquiries for quotations on projects.
• As your role progresses and become more confident you will develop working relationships with design consultants, main contractors and clients to establish communication paths in order to clarify design assumptions during the tender process and establish any other business opportunities
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Previous experience of a similar role within a services contracting environment
• Electrically qualified, with associated qualifications
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Confident communicator.
• Keen to learn new skills.
• Adapt to a small company environment.
• Have a good grasp of mathematics.
• Be computer literate (MS Office Suite and using a database).
• Good telephone manner.
• Smart in appearance as customer site visits may be required from project to project
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on (Apply online only) or NA or