|Job Ref:||204574938||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:49|
We are currently recruiting for a Geotechnical Engineer to join an established company based out of Surrey. With an umber of high profile projects coming up, this is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Ground Investigation and Remediation specialists.|
With offices across the country, we are also able to entertain applications from elsewhere.
Please Note: This is a permanent position.
With the opportunity to control your own career progression and development, there are no specific job requirements for this role other than previous experience within a similar capacity.
Responsibilities - Ground Investigation
* Scoping, organising and supervising ground investigations for highways, rail, rivers and flood defences.
* Liaison with clients, contractors and third parties.
* Preparation of Health and Safety Plans and Method Statements and Risk Assessments
* Preparation of Factual and Interpretative Reports
* Use of programmes such as Holebase, AutoCAD or similar
* Preparing and checking borehole logs and schedules to Euro Codes and British Standards
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Carrying out rock and soil classifications and field surveys
* Liaison with landowners and agreeing access points
Existing PTS certification preferred though training is available
Responsibility - Geotechnical Design
* Use of geotechnical software GeoStudio or similar to carry out stability analysis
* Assisting or working with minimal supervision on preliminary and detailed designs using British Standards and Eurocodes for:
* Flood defences
* Earthwork cuttings
* Earthwork embankments
* Retaining walls
* Slope stabilisation
If this sounds like the right position for you as a Geotechnical Engineer, please follow the application guidelines below or call a member of the Infrastructure Team at Mane