|Job Ref:||204574886||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£45 - £55/annum package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:49|
MAIN CONTRACTOR - UPTO £55K + PACKAGE - HERTS|
My client are a medium sized Main Contractor based in Hertfordshire. They work on a mixture of sectors, typically of a value of up to £6 Million in value. As a business they turn over in excess of £50 Million and have three different NA concentrate on new build, refurbishment, fit-out and extension across a mix of sectors such as education, health & commercial.
This would suit a QS who wants the chance to get out and run their own projects. The business has been running successfully for many years and they have a key focus on strong client relationships rather than aiming for a high turnover to establish larger presence. They are an employee focused company and they make sure to keep their people happy and keep a flow of steady work for them. They are currently looking for a Project QS to strengthen their team.
* Ensure all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
* Regularly reviews project accountabilities.
* Regularly monitors project objectives facilitates a change in process where appropriate.
* Regularly reviews group CR policies and ensures project teams are updated.
* Liaises with client and project teams to maximise group CR policies and or opportunities.
* Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
* Ensure Wates main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
* Agree and implement project strategies with all relevant parties.
* Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value.
* Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
* Measurement and valuation
* Contractual instructions / notices / orders
* Health and Safety
* Monthly MCR
* Procurement reports
* Agree and produce main and subcontract final
* Experience working with a Main Contractor
* 4 Years + Experience
* Worked for a minimum of 18 months as a Project QS on a project
* Ability to understand financial reports and accounts
* Can work on his own initiative and take a project from start to finish
* Demonstrable experience working on commercial sites
* Strong Interpersonal Skills
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)