|Job Ref:||204574841||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£58000 - £62000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:43|
Lead Data Networks Analyst|
IT Infrastructure Manager
- To provide technical support for the client's Data Network on both LAN, WAN, Wireless and Security environments.
- To ensure maximum service availability and performance through proactive monitoring, reporting and planning.
- To contribute to the overall architecture and design of the infrastructure.
- To play a lead role in developing the capability of the Data Networks team by supporting team members, providing technical subject matter experience and expertise in the majority of the disciplines in the Technical Competencies listed in this Job Description.
Strategy & Planning:
- Implement, promote and enforce standards, safeguards, and procedures concerning the technical architecture of the Cisco Core Networking layer across multiple sites, WAN, Security layers and Load Balancing environments using industry best practice where possible
- Aid in the creation of roadmaps and aligning IT requirements to meet business need
- Continuously review advances in Data Networking and Security practises in line with PCI-DSS
Organisation & Capability
- Play a proactive role in each relevant project to establish and aid in the delivery of the requirement
- Understand the relationship between own specialism and wider client requirements and other IT specialities
- Must be highly adaptable and contribute to requirements outside of immediate job description as and when required
- Provide cross-training to other members of the team
- Responsible for recommendations in hardware, software and service procurement
- Ensure business expectations are managed through clear and regular communication
- Commit to agreed SLA's and strive to be a source of accountability
- Participate in considering and implementation of security solutions and practices to deal with risks and threats on environments within the remit of the role
- Ensure adoption of Change Project Office standards and other governance practices across all areas
- Aid application delivery by involvement in the solution design, architecture and deployment
- Ensure solutions are fit for purpose
- Be able to demonstrate shortlisted solutions to the Manager
- Assist in adoption of Cloud Technologies
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation
- Maintain positive business relations and resolve customer complaints and issues successfully
- Be able to design best fit solutions meeting outlined requirements
- Demonstrates the ambition and energy to achieve maximum potential. This is shown most clearly through an individual's assessment of their own strengths and weaknesses and the willingness to use this information to drive forward their own potential to achieve both Corporate and individual goals
- Ensure Service Desk calls are allocated and resolved within agreed SLA
Subject matter expert in majority of the following disciplines:
- LAN Networking - CCNP in Cisco Data Centre with demonstrable knowledge.
- Dell, HP, Nortel switching experience
- WAN and Routing - demonstrable knowledge of routing protocols VPLS, BGP, Multi area OSPF, GRE tunnelling, IPSLA, PBR and scripting
- Wireless Networking - Cisco WLC, ACS, NMS and MSE (CMX). Multiple Access points across multiple physical sites with Customer and staff portal technology.
- Security Layer - Cisco ASA, IPS. Check Point UTM. Cisco ISE, Web filtering technologies
- Network Monitoring - Demonstrable of monitoring environments. The client currently uses SolarWinds, Cisco Prime and DCNM.
- Network Load Balancing - Big IP F5 incorporating the Load Balancing and Remote access modules (LTM and APM)
- Storage Networking - ISCSI with Nexus switches. Current storage environments are EMC Clarion and Dell EqualLogic.
- IP Telephony - An understanding of IP Telephony Infrastructure and its component parts
- PCI-DSS. Understands the clients' obligations to PCI and how to fulfil them in the most responsible way
- Microsoft Networking Technologies and Principles
- Proven knowledge of ITIL V3
- Strong customer services focus when dealing with both internal and external parties
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to perform duties effectively with minimum supervision and guidance
- Frequent weekend and overnight work including Bank Holidays
- Frequent travel between sites
- Work in a shift pattern when required
- Must be security cleared or be prepared to undergo security clearance for Airports
- On-call rotation
- Occasional overnight work for maintenance or project activities
- At least 6 years' experience