|Job Ref:||204574775||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Code:||WS11||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:46|
RMS is acting as an Employment agency on behalf of our client, a world leader in design, development and manufacturing within the Tier 1 Automotive industry who are looking for an experienced Toolmaker to join them in a permanent vacancy at their plant based in Cannock.|
Responsible for the translation of Customer demand into production and material plans, which meet the company's objectives, in terms of Quality, Cost and delivery. Must be able to support new project introduction and the implementation of new business systems.
* Receive customer schedules and translate into accurate sales data.
* Produce detailed production plans, monitor performance to plan and advise / implement corrective actions.
* Manage finished stock levels in line with company targets to ensure we achieve 100% delivery performance.
* Provide accurate forecast requirements to calculate labour requirements and sales forecast
* Regular and effective communication with relevant customers.
* Identify and implement continuous improvement activities within the Production Control area.
* Be a key member of the New Projects team with responsibility for co-ordinating all Production Control and Logistics activities during new project introduction and product run out.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
These should include:
* Demonstrated success in a high quality, high volume, lean environment
* Have a good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office applications to an advanced level.
* Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, both internally and externally.
* Demonstrated success in making significant contribution to continuous improvement activities.
* Have an understanding / awareness of EDI & Customer portal requirements.
* Demonstrated success in implementing JIT, Kanban, Lean principles.
* Ideal candidates should be educated to HNC level
Skills, Qualifications and Experience desirable
* Ideal candidate should be educated to HNC level
* Automotive experience
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise