|Job Ref:||204573712||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
£40,000 - £45,000. Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager. Opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Leader to join a fast-growing SME manufacturing business. This role is suitable for an all-rounder with experience of setting production KPIs, developing manufacturing teams, overseeing quality issues, production planning and supply chain management, introducing lean and continuous improvement techniques. This role reports to the Directors of the business and will involve close cooperation to achieve strategic and operational goals to support further growth. |
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
• Fast growing, profitable business manufacturing high-end products for residential interiors, using imported, high-quality materials
• Become a key member of the management team. The Production Manager will report to the Directors and will work with them to support strategic objectives
• Long-term opportunity to grow and develop with the business
• Good starting salary between £40,000 and £45,000
The job will involve:
• Be a visible shop-floor based leader with the ability to step back, assess and accurately measure, define and record manufacturing output and capacity
• Providing leadership, appropriate to a fast moving, short lead time semi-automated manufacturing facility with specific responsibility for H&S, discipline, definition of clear standards and achievable goals.
• Lay the foundations for growth and manufacturing ramp-up by introducing scaleable manufacturing processes and developing key shop floor staff
• Support and develop the Team Leaders (clear definition of responsibility, clear definition of decision making authority, development of trust and confidence, leadership skills training)
• Introducing good practice and continuous improvement culture using practical lean tools (5S, Kaizen)
This job will suit:
• An experienced Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager or Factory Manager from an SME, manufacturing background.
• An all-rounder, with demonstrable record of achieving production and OTIF delivery targets while introducing and monitoring modern manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Good understanding of Lean manufacturing principles necessary and ideally experience of introducing lean on shop floor.
• Person with passion for process improvement and practical management with a "can-do-attitude".
This job is commutable from Alfreton, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Derby and surrounding areas