|Job Ref:||204573686||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lincolnshire||City:||Lincolnshire||Address:||Post Code:||LN13||Salary:||£1 - £55000/annum Pension, Health Care Etc||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
DeltaV Programmer - Based in Lincolnshire - £50-55k - Heavy Industrial Manufacturing - Staff |
Our client is looking to recruit a DeltaV programmer to be a part of their in-house configuration project team. The business is going through a migration project and a large programme of works are being developed. You will be an intrical part of this extensive project.
Provides day-to-day and out of hours technical support and guidance to Production and other departments for the control system equipment and software on site - Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Emergency Shut Down (ESD) system, PI data historian, Alarm Logger, process control databases & schedules, control system graphics.
Serves as a technical representative to collaborate with other departments and agree process control requirements and provide the required software design, configuration, testing, implementation, commissioning, development, training and documentation for capital projects (including site DCS migration to DeltaV), strategic initiatives and improvement proposals in a timely and professional manner.
Define the typical knowledge and experience required for the job. Include technical or specialized knowledge and experience, supervisory or managerial skills and experience, human relations skills and any professional qualifications/certifications required.
Formal Education/Qualifications Required:
• HND or above qualification in relevant engineering or technical discipline, degree would be preferred.
Level & Type of Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
• A significant level of relevant process control experience preferably at Top Tier COMAH site.
• Demonstrated, ongoing, relevant experience in process control and safety shutdown hardware, software and configuration - Emerson DeltaV / DeltaV SIS would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to understand fault-finding, diagnostic and problem solving techniques using site process control systems, PI data historian and site documentation.
• Ability to engage with other departments to identify and provide the best solution to a requirement or problem.
• Experience and enthusiasm for working within a Management of Change framework.
• Ability and knowledge to enable participation in a wide range of structured investigations e.g. RCA, HAZOP, PHR, SIL assessments etc.
• Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, strong ability to engage and influence others and lead by example.
• Able to identify and propose new and emerging technologies to resolve plant / control limitations.
• Identifies and implements opportunities where improvements in safety, plant & equipment reliability, cost performance and human factors can be realised by improving process control.
• Relevant Engineering experience within the Chemical sector or related industry preferred.
If this position is of interest please call Nick Bradley at Adepto Technical on (Apply online only)