|Job Ref:||204573441||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£400 - £425/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:43|
Contract Applications Support Analyst - London - banking - Front and Back- Office systems - SQL - Oracle - Websphere. 6 Months - £400p/d |
Technical environment: File and message transmission protocols, SQL and/or Oracle databases, WebSphere, IIS, Apache Tomcat, operating systems (Windows, Linux), application monitoring.
Our client is an extremely well run international bank with EMEA HQ in London. We receive extremely favourable feedback from individuals that have joined via ourselves over the past c. 2 years. We are a trusted recruitment PSL partner to them. We have been asked to identify a Contract Application Support Analyst within the Infrastructure Services department.
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring design, build and operation is both technically sound and cost efficient, adhering to the overall strategic direction; and in addition providing solid technical knowledge in specific product sets, providing 2nd line support, and environmental tuning, architectural design and product roadmaps.
Key Skills (Essential)
* Has good knowledge of all aspects of Application Support with a specific bias towards general Front and Back- Office systems.
* Able to demonstrate a broad technical understanding of the application and infrastructure stack, to include a number of the following: File and message transmission protocols, SQL and/or Oracle databases, WebSphere, IIS, Apache Tomcat, operating systems (Windows, Linux), application monitoring.
* Knowledge of Transaction Banking applications and technologies an advantage.
* Experience in design / configuration and installation of geo-dispersed active / active application deployment preferred.
* ITIL Foundation (or above) preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal skills, and must be able to document and articulate to others key issues in the application and infrastructure arena.
* Able to drive problem resolution through the appropriate escalation channels.
* Able to confidently participate in white board type design and review sessions.
* Able to evaluate and understand new products within the team's scope.
* A team player, approachable and flexible but also able to work independently.
* Contribute to building a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything undertaken.
* French or Spanish Language skill an advantage.
Thank you for inspecting this advert. All applications acknowledged. Deerfoot IT Est 1997. REC member. ISO9001:2008. We donate £1 to our nominated charity for 2014 (The Born Free Foundation) every time we email a candidate CV to a client