|Job Ref:||204573335||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Colerne||Address:||Post Code:||SN14||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Licensed Aircraft Engineer (227jc) - Colerne, Wiltshire - Competitive salary|
My client, an engineering company with contracts to the MoD is now seeking a Licenced Aircraft Engineer to join their team at Colerne Airfield in Wiltshire.
This role will be on a 40 hr week and your working days will primarily Wed to Sun.
You will be reporting to the Operations Manager and your main accountabilities will include:
• Provide a CRS signature when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after either defect rectification or scheduled maintenance.
• Supervise engineering and Flight Line activity on Company aircraft and associated equipment in conformity with authorised schedules, technical publications and instructions ensuring highest standards of maintenance are maintained.
• To undertake scheduled and corrective maintenance of the Aircraft fleet to ensure airworthiness is maintained to meet customer requirements on a daily basis.
• Undertake or supervise, as directed the investigation, diagnosis and rectification of defects and submission of reports as required.
• To complete "all" documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures.
• Maintain/monitor RAL operations to ensure accuracy of input and compliance with procedures.
• Complete all aircraft and equipment maintenance documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures.
• Carry out Flight-line operations in accordance with company procedures.
• Provide technical support to other LAFT sites as required, as well as being available for longer term detachments if required in support of Camps at Easter and Summer.
• Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Environment regulations and exercise a Duty of Care approach towards Total Health and Safety.
• Promote best practice, report bad practice and non-compliance and take preventative action to ensure continual improvement in the organisation.
• Provide engineering input to complete RAF Incident reports and CAA MOR's as required.
• General duties as required, including, driving, stores duties, housekeeping etc., and other responsibilities as allocated by Management.
• To provide Technical Support to other LAFT sites as required.
• Take over and control Company and Authority Tool and Test Equipment Inventory.
• Mentor new starters.
• Champion Company Policies e.g. Diversity, Home Safe, Dignity & Respect.
Qualifications and Experience
• EASA Part 66, B1.2 or B3 license.
• Supervisory experience in a Civil/Military Aviation environment.
• Specific technical knowledge.
• Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
• Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
• Driving Licence.
• Knowledge of MOD Engineering procedures/documentation.
• Composite Materials Experience.
• Human Factors Qualified.
• Recognised SHE Qualification
• Defence industry experience.
• Type Rating on Grob 115E aircraft and Lycoming 360 engines.
• Proven Leadership ability.
• Good analytical/problem solving skills.
• IT skills highly desirable.
• Technically competent.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Promotes best practice at all times.
• Supports a culture of high performance.
• Communicates well in order to deliver the task objectives
• Committed to delivery of contract objectives.
• Promotes a partnering approach to managing people and the business
• Demonstrates an active two way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the organisation.
• Ability to ensure timely action to achieve desired output.
The successful candidate will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
My client is an armed forces friendly organisation
In return my client is offering an excellent salary package as well as a range of benefits which includes a company pension scheme.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (Apply online only) Ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY