|Job Ref:||204573232||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Maidstone||Address:||Post Code:||ME15||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum plus car plus fuel card||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
A well known main civil contractor is currently looking to recruit Project Managers to join there team on a permanent basis working from collocated offices with the UKPN Southern team in Maidstone.|
A a minimum of 3 years relevant experience within the Utilities/Power Sector needed.
To successfully manage the profitable delivery of a multidisciplinary project or a portfolio of projects, ensuring that delivery is in line with the businesses expectations and to be accountable for cost, programme and risk management.
Knowledge & key skills
• Lead, motivate, support & develop the project/work package teams to engender a constructive, problem solving, high achieving attitude matched by results.
• Manage all operational aspects of specific projects/ works packages and activities ensuring that they are on time, within planned costs, to the specifications and drawings and profitable to the agreed standard.
• Effectively manage customer & client relationships, playing an integral part in the preparation & presentation to the customer of company technical & commercial benefits.
• Work closely with the Estimating team to contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates and bid documentation, as required.
• Work closely with the planning team to ensure successful planning of the sequence of the work, establishment of key dates and the workforce required by the project works
• Ensure that all Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place and monitored.
• Work with the Commercial team on all contract related issues e.g. variations, interim progress applications for payment on account for the project works, negotiation and agreement of the project final account, subcontractor accounts.
• Organise the project teams, their workload & work effectively with the required support
• Monitor and ensure that the work of direct and sub-contract resource is being carried out to specification and programme, ensuring that defects are remedied and managed within the scope of the contract terms.
• Attainment of relevant targets and business goals, maximising contract profitability.
• Production of reports, presentations and drawings/designs as required
• Any other appropriate duties as might be required on a contract/ project basis or required by senior management to meet the requirements of the business.
• A specialist, with proven project management/contracting experience within the Construction and/or power industry, and coming from a Civils/Electrical background.
• Excellent communication, leadership & people management skills.
• Commercially & financially competent with strong negotiation skills.
• Experienced in implementing and maintaining HSQE and Management procedures & practices.
• Technically conversant with all relevant industry standards, specifications and practices.
• Extensive IT skills
• To have obtained recognised qualifications within a relevant field of expertise; e.g. Honours Degree or similar
• To have obtained a minimum of 3 years relevant experience within the Utilities/Power Sector