|Job Ref:||85788BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Ontario||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
NWS Operations Scheduler
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defense Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon Canada Limited is seeking a NWS Operations Scheduler who will be responsible for the generation of Integrated Master Schedules depicting the NWS Operational, Maintenance and Sustaining Engineering scope, progress against established baselines, and remaining work for the NWS program. Additionally, the scheduler will be fluent in the integration of ancillary tools such as ERP system information from MAXIMO with the Integrated Master schedule to produce cohesive schedule/cost processes and outputs that meet customer and program objectives and supports the generation of financial reports for Earned Value Management requirements. This position will be located in North Bay.
• Generate project schedules for the NWS as directed by the Operations Manager in alignment with the requirements of the 5 Year Operation, Maintenance and Sustainment Plan (OMS). Develop an Integrated Operations Master Schedule (IMS) based on project scope and contract requirements.
• Update and maintain project schedule information data such as progress, resources and project performance on a weekly basis. Provide analysis of critical and driving paths.
• Provide schedule detail and updates for rotary and fixed wing airlift, sealift (fuel and dry cargo) and other requirements.
• Coordinate and consolidate inputs to ensure all detailed work plans are consistent with and included in the Operations Master Schedule (OMS).
• Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling conflicts.
• Analyze, monitor and review all project schedules to insure resource limitations, interdependences, and risk are addressed.
• Provide input and recommendations to project managers, operations planner and senior management regarding scheduling conflicts/changes.
• Integrate the output of the Operations Master Schedule (OMS) with MAXIMO to provide information for financial reports.
• Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events in the program and portray them in the schedule.
• Report to senior management with applicable schedule related status and reports.
• Establish IQ Project schedules, develop Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) Work Order management system schedules and associated administrative requirements for document distribution and control.
• Assisting the NWS Operations Manager with the development of the annual Five Year Operations and Sustainment Plan (FYO & SP) and the generation of the FYO&SP Monthly Report.
• Knowledge of Earned Value methodologies (EVM) to assist the NWS Operations Team with required EVM report requirements.
• Lead and participate in weekly schedule reviews with the NWS Operations Team and other program personnel.
• Provide planning assistance to the NWS Operations Manager, NWS Operations Planner, NWSCC Manager, NWSSC Manager, LSS Managers and Technical Services Manager as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• An accredited relevant college diploma with a minimum of 3 years' work experience.
• Scheduling experience including experience using established project scheduling tools for programs with contract values in the $5M-50M range and in generation and management of schedules with 1000+ tasks/subtasks.
• Experience scheduling for complex programs, including engineering development programs.
• Experience with resource allocation scheduling and integrating budget / financial elements within schedule activities.
• Experience with established scheduling tools; experience with MAXIMO products; familiar with schedule risk analysis tools;
• Knowledge of industry best practices; familiarity with Integrated Project Management Reporting techniques; familiarity with the practical application of project controls.
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain a secret level security clearance, which requires Canadian Citizenship.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
• A proven ability to create schedules and reports by relating and extracting data from a variety of software platforms.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to interact and multitask with program team members of varying position levels, clients, and vendors.
• PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification an asset .
• Experience with Maximo Asset Management Scheduler an asset.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
Canada - North Bay, Ontario