|Job Ref:||11137BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rickmansworth||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 04:09|
SMB, the joint venture between Skanska, MWH Global and Balfour Beatty, has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water's £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a 'super alliance' of industry-leading organisations. |
You will report directly to the Portfolio Delivery Lead and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to direct and subcontracted work force
• Maintain good client relationships at all levels across all projects; target:- "good" rating feedback in each category from customer satisfaction questionnaire, less than one customer complaint per quarter.
• Maintain the Company's reputation on every project by ensuring good relationships are maintained with joint venture partners and suppliers.
• Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process, i.e from tender handover to final completion (use of TWEXNet for documentation)
• Lead, manage and develop project managers of allocated group of projects
• Strong team worker and experience of collaborative/partnering working arrangements
• Reviewing at project level with each Project Manager, in conjunction with the Information Manager, the effectiveness of the BMS as a means of achieving quality, safety and environmental objectives
• Ensuring, via the Project Managers in conjunction with the Design Manager, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery
• Ensuring that sufficient trained personnel are available for the projects overseen by you and are aware of their individual responsibilities
• Ensuring that appropriately detailed construction plans and method statements are prepared, in place and approved prior to commencement of activities
• Ensuring works procedures are produced to assist with control quality where applicable (TWEXNet)
• Ensuring that all site non-conformities are reported and approximate costs identified
• Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates
• Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
• Monitor project risk registers
• Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers' perception and satisfaction
• Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering water and waste water design and build projects.
• Have detailed working knowledge and experience of project management practices from scheme conception through to end user acceptance
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and SMB as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
• Project Management experience (at least 10 years)
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
• APMP or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
• Extensive experience in large scale project delivery
• Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
• Experience in water
• Experience in using Primavera or Power project.
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)