|Job Ref:||16-10350||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:14|
• Support and responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling work staff members engaged in similar work. |
• Provide training support to production shops for welding and NDT principles.
• Recommends Human Resources actions to include hiring, firing, transfers, promotions, and compensation increases.
• Develop and / or update NDT Procedures, Qualification Exams and Practical Training Exams.
• Provide support to the Level III NDT inspector in developing and/or modifying welding procedures.
• Administers Qualification Exams and Training for NDT and Welding/ Brazing personnel as required by Mil-Std-271 and Tech Pub 248 and Tech Pub 7000.
• Maintains NDT Inspector and Welder / Brazer Qualifications.
• Evaluates the skills and knowledge of potential new hires and temporary workers for NDT Inspectors, Welders / Brazers.
• Conducts Audits on NDT and Welding / Brazing personnel.
• Responsible for the inter-VSRA transfers of welder / brazer qualification records.
• Develop and submits Process Control Procedures (PCP) when it is required by the work specification.
• Review drawings and work specifications.
• Determine welding or brazing requirements for work items to meet customer requirements.
• Determine NDT requirements for work items to meet customer requirements.
• Review NDT reports and P-1 packages for completeness and accuracy.
• Responsible for providing advice and guidance about work performed, and training others on the "how-to" aspects of work.
• Other Duties as assigned.
BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Science or a related academic field or AA/AS plus 2 years directly related experience or high school graduate and 8-10 years related experience.
Certified level II NDT Inspector. (Level III preferred)
• 5-8 years demonstrated NDT experience. Preferred certification in all of the following areas: (VT, PT, MT, and UT)
• Strong working knowledge NDT requirement manuals and NAVSEA standard items.
• Knowledgeable of safety practices as they pertain to welding, cutting, and joining processes.
• Basic knowledge of the welding metallurgy for ferrous and nonferrous materials.
• Practical knowledge of how the different welding processes and pre- and post-welding heat treating processes affect the metallurgy of ferrous and nonferrous materials. This knowledge shall also include an understanding of oxidation-reduction reactions.
• Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
• Knowledgeable of ship structural designs of welding and NDT requirements.
• Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret blue prints for structural, welding and NDT requirements.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of arc welding, resistance welding, brazing, and soldering.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of oxyfuel gas cutting, and arc cutting.
• Knowledgeable of welding and brazing qualification requirements.
• Knowledgeable of writing new welding and brazing procedures.
• Understand quality assurance systems and be able to participate in the implementation of quality assurance programs.
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of quality control. Understand procedure and welder performance qualification, including destructive and nondestructive testing. Capable of performing visual inspection of welds and specifying the appropriate nondestructive examination (NDT) methods for a particular weldment.
• Basic understanding of the advantages and limitations of NDT.
• Strong knowledge of with the qualification requirements of NDT personnel.
• Knowledge of manufacturing systems, including material control, production scheduling, and quality assurance.
• Proven strong problem solving ability with attention to root cause.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Good computer skills using Microsoft products such as (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Meet the requirements to obtain a secret clearance, a DoD Regional Contractor Badge and requirements for access to U.S. Navy/ U.S. Coast Guard bases and Shipyard Controlled Industrial Areas.
Occasional weekend work and / or extended hours.
Occasional travel to job locations throughout Peugeot Sound area.
Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.