|Job Ref:||142126BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:13|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
AECOM's multi-disciplinary team in Manchester / Warrington, has an immediate requirement for a Senior - Principal Mechanical Building Services / HVAC Engineer to join a team with opportunities for challenging project work and career progression within a growing division. Key to the role will be the ability to lead on multi-disciplinary projects and experience of major projects including nuclear, commercial, infrastructure and aviation sectors.
The role of Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer plays a key component in the delivery of projects in the team and within the specific division growing faster than ever there are plenty of opportunities for progression within the company.
Responsibilities will be;
• Undertake the control of all production aspects of the projects in the office.
• Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
• Ensure compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory obligations, make submissions to the Statutory Authorities and obtain approvals as necessary.
• Ensure the Design Team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
• Produce all design information, and ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance with the requirements of the IMS, relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
• Represent AECOM at Client, Design Team and Progress meetings throughout the design and construction phases of projects.
• Degree educated in mechanical engineering, building services, or similar / related discipline.
• Ideally you will have experience in large multimillion pound infrastructure, energy or nuclear projects
• Experience of managing and mentoring more junior staff (Apprentices, Graduates and Engineers)
• Conversant with BREEAM, and Energy related legislation
• 3D/BIM and/or major project expertise an advantage
• Ability to work accurately, independently and efficiently, and to take ownership of projects.
• Be an effective communicator and team worker.
• Be proactive about self development, ideally being close to achieving Chartered Engineer status.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.