|Job Ref:||142123BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:13|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is actively recruiting for a senior-level Program Manager for work in the area of Ship Construction Support for Navy Submarines. This position provides contractor technical support services for the VIRGINIA (SSN 774) Class Submarine Program Management Office (PMS450) in support of the Ship Construction Division (PMS450C). This position is based in Groton, CT.
Duties in the area of Ship Construction support include:
1. Provide senior functional and advisory role to Prospective Commanding Officers (PCOs) of New Construction VIRGINIA Class Submarines leveraging prior experience and familiarity with submarine new construction from shipbuilder, Supervisor of Shipbuilding, and Pre-Commissioning Unit (PCU) perspectives.
2. Provide PCU Command contextual experience to Prospective Commanding Officers and senior level program management in PMS450.
3. Review shipbuilder activities ensuring support of Pre-Commissioning Unit training and integration is properly accounted for and sequenced.
4. Provide general program support, including briefings, graphic work, visual presentation, word processing and responding to NAVSEA requirements.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
1. Professional firsthand knowledge and technical expertise with submarine new construction.
2. Professional firsthand experience as a Prospective Commanding Officer of a new construction submarine.
3. Professional knowledge and technical experience with submarine Supervisors of Shipbuilding, PCU Immediate Superiors in Command (ISICs), and Type Commander (TYCOM) representatives supporting new construction.
4. Professional knowledge and technical expertise with Pre-Commissioning Unit preparations
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
Knowledge Desired by the Position:
1. Submarine or weapons systems acquisition experience.
1. Requires the ability to move in and around submarines to conduct visits with PCU leadership.
2. Requires 20% travel.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and (10) ten years of job-related experience or equivalent. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills are required. Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications are required. An active Government Security Clearance at the SECRET level.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.