|Job Ref:||GAR16-5863||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:14|
Supervises and Coordinates activities of warehouse, shipping and receiving in expediting flow of material, parts and assemblies within or between departments in plant and Production Coordinators engaged in scheduling production operations. Arranges all facets of outgoing shipments for finished products, work-in-process, returned material and miscellaneous material. Works close with each functional area to identify and resolve material availability/scheduling and end program schedule issues. |
• Ensure material received from supplier is processed per company SOI's.
• Ensure material balances are maintained accurately and all receipts and disbursements of material are accurate and consistent with established procedures.
• Ensure material is issued, delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain files of all receiving and shipping activities.
• Review SOP's and SOI's to keep up to date and to train all employees when necessary.
• Using company's operating system receives and verifies finished products and work-in-process into inventory.
• As required, prepares reports on quantity of goods in inventory and status of shipments throughout the month.
• Using the company's operating system, prepares, releases and final ships the documents (shippers) for the shipment of finished products, work-in-process, and returned material. Includes management and distribution of all necessary documentation.
• Arrange for all transportation of goods including in-process, finished goods, and customer specified freight carriers. Will include International shipments and associated processes and documentation.
• Preparing appropriate bills of lading, shippers, material shipping authorization (MSA), and other documentation as necessary.
• Process freight invoices by performing dollar receipts transactions in the company operating system.
• Assist planners and schedulers in the completion of all paperwork for shipments.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, logistics, or similar discipline with a minimum of 2 years related experience; associates degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years related experience; or 6 - 8 years related experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be detailed oriented, well organized, possess the ability to prioritize work.
• Possess the ability to be efficient in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective communication skills in both written and verbal correspondence are required.
• Looks for ways to promote and improve quality.
• Follows company policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
6 - 8 years related experience