|Job Ref:||204578543||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Pension 6% match, Medical, 28 days h||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:57|
Quantity Surveyor |
A small and established consultancy specialising in quantity surveying and project management services are seeking a quantity surveyor to join their London office located within spitting distance of St Pauls Cathedral.
A long list of prestigious clients including DeBeers, as well as a range of unique and high profile developments such as the Gherkin and a long standing relationship with the New York Bank Mellon, this is a rare chance to join a progressive consultancy and become a central part of its future.
Although the ideal candidate would be MRICS, a quantity surveyor currently running projects autonomously, with both pre and post contract experience, working towards MRICS, would also be very desirable.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be running projects throughout London and the South, with particular focus on commercial, leisure and education sectors. Current projects are a large cinema and arts centre and a school designed specifically to support and encourage the learning and development of students with Autism. Access to many other unique and interesting projects making every day diverse and enjoyable.
* Performing risk, value management and cost control
* Initial Feasibility and early cost advice
* Sit in on weekly project reviews with Contracts Director as required
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
* Review Value an Agree Variations to Contracts
* Cost Advice on Professional Fees
* Work closely with Contracts Management team
* Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
* Validating Subcontractor Applications
* Prepare estimates and bills of quantities
Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
* RICS accredited degree
* 2 years + post graduate experience working in a similar consultancy environment
* Looking to progress your career to Chartership
* You will be able to commute to Bank
* Technically excellent with a high level of responsibility and exposure to projects
* Exposure to any of the following; Residential, Retail, Leisure, Education, Healthcare or Commercial new builds
This is an opportunity to work within a continually developing quantity surveying consultancy where a dedicated quantity surveyors can progress to managing quantity.
* Between £40,000 and £50,000 basic salary
* Excellent career progression
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Quantity Surveyors in London.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Elisha Riddett at Brandon James.
Central London/ Bank/ Quantity Surveyor/ St Pauls / Managing Quantity Surveyor/ APC / MRICS