About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Transportation Engineering Technician - Construction Inspector for our Construction Services Group, based in the Eastern Shore Region (based in Salisbury, MD). This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position working on statewide assignments for various government agencies, specifically SHA District 1 (Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico & Worcester). This is an entry-level role.
Working under direct supervision, the Engineering Technician / Construction Inspector will:
• Inspect the work of contractors on highway, street, bridge, water and wastewater systems facilities or other complex construction projects to ensure compliance with specifications, standards and codes
• Inspect construction projects to ensure compliance with construction specifications, standards and codes
• Conduct routine field tests on construction materials such as slump test, air content test, and dye tests
• Measure and record material placed for periodic contractor payments
• Prepare daily inspection reports and/or logs that describe number of employees on a job site, amount of work performed, and materials used, weather conditions, accidents on the job site and equipment used
• Work in various weather conditions and terrains and will be available nights and weekends as needed
• Work effectively with others
• Understand and follow instructions
• High School diploma or equivalent with a strong math background. (Education beyond high school is preferred).
• At least three (3) years of experience in inspection of highways/bridges/traffic systems. Prior experience with SHA is recommended.
• Reliable transportation for travel to, from and on the project site
• Availability to work statewide as needed
• Ability to pass a background test and drug test
• Proficient in math and English
• Introductory-level knowledge of construction practices and techniques, engineering methods and techniques
• Demonstrated basic computer skills
Please note that candidates must live within 50 miles of SHA District 1 borders (i.e. Eastern Shore area).
• MDE Responsible Person Certification (Green Card), SHA Erosion and Sediment Control (Yellow Card), MD Temporary Traffic Control Manager
• MARTCP Concrete/HMA/Soils & Aggregates or equivalent from surrounding states
• Previous experience with SHA's Maryland Construction Management System (MCMS) documentation or equivalent experience with contract management software
• NICET transportation certification (any level)
• ACI Concrete Field certification
• OSHA 10 hour Safety certification
• IMSA Level 1 Traffic Signal Inspector certification
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation