About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Senior Engineer to work in the Transportation Civil Design group in Herndon, VA. The primary focus will be the design for Highway Projects as well as other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques for traditional delivery of transportation projects as well as design-build projects.
• Serve as a designer for traditional delivery transportation projects and segments of design-build projects.
• Work as part of a design team to continually seek to identify and implement improved technical solutions throughout final design.
• Develop and modify complex three dimensional CADD models in Microstation
• May supervise, assign tasks to, and coordinate work with entry-level engineers or less experienced staff on the project team.
• Coordinate with design and construction leads throughout all phases of a design project.
• Collaborate with design and construction team during the pursuit phase to develop creative and innovative technical solutions.
• Hands-on with the Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E).
• Review, monitor and/or develop complex layouts, sketches, plans, specifications and estimates standards and guidelines, correspondence, and/or prepare reports.
• Perform quality assurance/quality control, ensuring that cost, schedule and quality objectives are met for transportation engineering activities.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• BS degree in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in highway design and plan production.
• Experience with design-build projects is a plus.
• Virginia Professional Engineering (PE) License or ability to obtain within six months.
• Experience with VDOT and Local Municipalities associated with Transportation Projects in Virginia is required.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
• The selected candidate MUST be able to work in the United States immediately, without sponsorship.
• Local candidates preferred