|Job Ref:||204582027||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:57|
Our client operate within the sheet metalwork, fabrication & architectural metalwork industry. They are have one of the most incredible production facilities in the South East and a fantastic company culture; who are now looking to bring on a Head of Production.|
The role of Head of Production will be to:
- Manage and coordinate all production and production engineering activities within the Production Department with a practical 'hands on style' to manage the entire manufacturing process encompassing all production office and shop floor manufacturing activities and processes.
- Manage and lead a high performing and motivated production/ manufacturing team engaging personnel to achieve company objectives by communicating expectations, developing personnel, auditing process controls and evolving procedures to achieve and maintain best practice.
- Manage a leading, high performing production planning team to develop and improve production planning processes with materials control ensuring optimum results with uninterrupted supply.
- Liaise with internal Design, Production, Assembly, Graphics, Installations and Dispatch Departments regarding work programming, scheduling and planning.
- Oversee the management of all material distribution planning ensuring the flow of materials into production.
- Oversee the management and coordination of production priorities with MRP planner and in production workshops ensuring the progress of work at each key stage of manufacture.
- Highlight continuous improvement strategies/ processes to develop and maintain excellent production techniques ensuring that the Company's products are produced on time and to a high standard of quality.
- Monitor product standards and implementing quality control processes ensuring quality control is documented and adhered to.
- Highlight cost saving initiatives ensuring that production is cost effective.
- Recruiting and managing subcontractors/ subcontract labour as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements for the Head of Production
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical, Industrial, Production Engineering, Construction or a similar discipline.
- Substantial experience in the architectural metalwork/ fabrication/ sheet metal/ subcontract engineering industry.
- Excellent knowledge of production management, production management systems, tools and techniques.
- Strong communication, organisational, influencing and man-management skills.
- Knowledge of production engineering software and lean manufacturing techniques.
They offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as being part of a fantastic company with an excellent environment and company culture.
Please submit your CV ASAP for immediate consideration