|Job Ref:||204582214||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Glastonbury||Address:||Post Code:||BA6||Salary:||£23000 - £32000/annum + On site Parking||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:57|
My client manufactures industrial Baler machines for a wide range of clients throughout the UK and abroad. This long established family engineering firm are looking to recruit an electrical service engineer to join their growing company. The role is factory based however will involve travel to install, service and advise on equipment. There will be occasions when you will have to work away from home. |
Electrical Service Engineer Role
-Design control panels and automation systems
- Develop PLC software
- Maintain and modify existing machine programs on equipment at customer premises
- Build and test run equipment and software ready for despatch from the factory.
- Panel wiring, machine rewires and electrical maintenance of workshop.
- Install, service and maintain equipment away from the factory.
- Diagnose and rectify faults on equipment.
- Provide written technical reports and other documentation as required
- Provide customer training
- Assist with trouble shooting on telephone and via modem links to equipment on customers' premises
Key Skills Required
- Good keyboard skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Siemens software
- Work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a polite and responsive manner.
- Be fully conversant with PLC and electrical control systems.
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
- This standard hours for this role is Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30 pm. For a basic 40hr week you will earn a basic salary of £23000 however with overtime you would be expected to earn circa £32k per year. As a service engineer you will also be expected to make yourself available for weekend work (At least 2 weekends per month however you are not always required to work them)
- There is an auto enrolement pension
- Onsite parking
If this role is of interest or you require further information on the role then please do not hesitate to contact us