|Job Ref:||204579964||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum + Commission, Car||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:55|
Product Sales Engineer|
Established Market leader in the design and manufacturing of Food Processing Equipment for the convenience/ready meals food sector are seeking a Product Sales Engineer to join their existing team.
The successful candidate will have a sound engineering knowledge with an interest in food production methods on an industrial scale. Their knowledge base would be likely to include steam installations, pneumatics, heat exchangers and pumps and pipework.
Motivated and ambitious they will be looking to take the next step in their career path and grow their knowledge working for an innovative and successful Company.
The Product Sales Engineer is responsible for maintaining customer relationships, sales, and new business. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, an excellent communicator, has strong time management skills, is assertive and results orientated.
This role will involve both travel throughout the UK and internationally.
Job Requirements include:
* Significant industry and sales experience, preferably within the Food Industry.
* Successful sales track record within a food environment.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
* Must possess a valid driver's license and UK passport.
Key duties include:
* Make phone and in-person sales calls to current and potential customers.
* Develop new sales opportunities through online research, cold calling, attending industry trade shows, and effective follow up on leads and quotations.
* Work closely with customer base on education and new opportunity development.
* Work closely with customer to understand their systems and offer time and money-saving solutions.
* Communicate customer specifications and pertinent application information to production staff.
* Participate and present in Sales Meetings.
* Responsible for yearly sales forecast.
* Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion, cold call activity.
Project values can range from £50k to £1.5 million and can be in the UK or in countries such as the US, Russia or Australia.
Overseas travel for both Sales and Trade shows will be required for generally up to 2 weeks at a time, this can extend beyond 2 weeks in certain circumstances.
A remuneration package will be offered reflecting the candidate's experience and knowledge which will include commission. A company car, laptop and mobile phone will be issued on commencement of employment.
Core Hours: 8.30am - 5:00pm
Holiday: 22 days + Bank Holidays; rising to 25 after 3 years' service.
Salary Guide: £40,000 - £50,000 pa, basic + commission.
Location: Cambridge - Bedford, Bedfordshire area.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position