|Job Ref:||204580289||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Hong Kong||Address:||Salary:||£75000 - £85000/annum Expat Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:55|
I currently have a brand new exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Superintendent with LPG / LNG / Gas Carrier experience to join a highly reputable employer within the Maritime sector.|
This is a secondment position, candidates will need to be willing to relocate to Hong Kong for the minimum of 2 years. An expat package is available.
Senior Technical Superintendent (LNG) - Secondment
£75k - £85k + expat package
I am currently working with a highly reputable Shipping Organisation in London and assisting them with the search for a Senior Technical Superintendent to join their joint venture company for a 2 year secondment in Hong Kong.
For this position I am looking to speak with candidates who have experience of working with LNG / LPG / Gas DFDE (Dual Fuel Diesel Electric) which includes sailing and technical management experience as a Technical Superintendent OR Vessel Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would be looking to spend a minimum of 2 years in Hong Kong with one of the industry's top employers.
The duties and responsibilities of this role will include;
- The day to day activities of the Technical Group (Motor or Steam)
- Technical Superintendents
- Maintenance, repair and procurement activities
- Class and statutory survey's for the fleet group
- OPEX Budget monitoring, development and preparation
- Warranty claims
- Training and coaching activities of new Technical Superintendents
- Cover for assigned tasks of other Technical Superintendents when such absent from the office
- Out of service repair periods in dock and afloat
- Attendance of Class society surveyors for survey
- Warranty claim process and reconciliation with ship builder
- The activities and professional development of the Technical Superintendents
- Daily communication between LNG vessels and shore
- Engineering and maintenance standards of the LNG vessels under care
- TMSA performance and ongoing development (continuous improvement)
- Any discrepancies from internal audits and / or external audits such that lessons learned are
- Promulgated among the fleet to avoid re-occurrence.
- The appointment of Chief Engineers, Engineering officers & ratings on LNG vessels in
- consultation with management team and Technical Superintendents as necessary
- Briefing / de-briefing and appraising of Chief Engineers, 1st Assistant Engineers
- Performance appraisal process of other officers, engineering related crew Interview of senior engineering officer candidates for promotion or new hires for the fleet
- Purchase orders and payment for services received
- Superintendent travel and holiday requests
- Superintendent expense
- Class and trading surveys
- Maintenance and repair activities
- Purchasing supply and delivery of services
- Delivery of capital projects
- Company vessels, completes ship visit reports
- Owners, industry forums and seminars as requested
- Weekly meetings, management meetings and management review meetings as requested
- Develop and implement
- Engineering practices and procedures.
- OPEX budgets
- Safety awareness programs.
- Review and comment on
- Engineering officer appraisals
- Related training programs
- Engineering procedures
- Report on
- Vessel condition
- Variations in expenditure against agreed OPEX budgets monthly
- Technical incidents, defects and deviations in vessel performance
- Work carried out during repair periods
Candidates must be willing to relocate to Hong Kong for this position.
Please contact Cassie Moore for more information.
Technical Superintendent, Vessel Manager, Senior Superintendent, Senior Technical Superintendent, Technical Manager, Project Manager, Ship Manager
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions