|Job Ref:||204580718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum car||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:55|
Position: ESTIMATOR (Fabrications)|
Location: Huddersfield- Brighouse, West Yorkshire
Salary: £35'000 - £40'000 plus package/car
Working for this leading Engineering & Manufacturing business who specialise within fabrications industry, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Estimator from the industry.
Ideally you will be an Estimator / Contracts Engineer and take responsibility for estimating the cost of medium to heavy fabrications.
You will be part of the management team and work with customers, sales team, purchasing and engineering to ensure all specs are accurately costed.
The primary purpose of the position is to determine accurate Capital Equipment Product cost estimates, including labour and material costs.
1. Review customer specifications and all Request for Quote documents and any data provided by the Engineer to determine actual scope of work that must be accounted for in our cost estimate.
2. Determine from the RFQ documents if any accessories will be required with the Capitol Equipment. If accessories are required then make sure all connections and design of the Capitol Equipment Product are appropriate to accommodate these accessories. Work closely with the Applications Engineer to make sure accurate costs are provided for these accessories including any labor to install such accessories if assembly is required.
4. Utilise established company estimating policies and programs in preparation of estimates.
5. Through interaction with vendors, prepare accurate material cost estimates.
6. Complete all cost estimates in a timely manner.
7. Maintain ongoing evaluation of the standard labor routings and adjust as needed to reflect the manufacturing process.
8. Evaluate process improvements and cost reductions.
9. Become familiar with all industry codes and standards that are applicable to our products and make sure our cost estimates maintain compliance with those rules and standards that are mandatory for our product lines.
10. Utilise, maintain and update the Estimating Product Configuration and other applicable Engineering document used for Capital Equipment design and costing.
Ability to multi task and handle large and small projects and have a good attention for detail and be organised.
Call Andrew Pilling to discuss this fantastic opportunity on (Apply online only)