|Job Ref:||204581011||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
* Leading automotive manufacturer for over 40 years.
* Progressive company.
* Amazing career opportunities
* Opportunity to travel overseas.
* Working within the advanced engineering team with a research and development focus, you will investigate new mechanisms behind future engine and vehicle technologies, specifying component requirements.
* You will be involved in designing and implementing prototypes, both in engine and vehicle software, to demonstrate these technologies to customers.
* You will act as an interface between the European customers, and the R&D department in Japan, with which you will work closely.
* There is a split responsibility between the department to collate and monitor internal combustion engine trends and legislation into a database.
* Knowledge of but not limited to the following - Fuel Injection, Throttle Body, EGR Valve, Injection Coil & Spark Plug etc.
The Ideal Person:
* Engineering degree - mechanical, automotive or electronics focus.
* Current PHD Student/ Researcher must be in a related subject.
* Proven experience of managing electro-mechanical system development projects, and experience of powertrain related systems.
* Fundamental knowledge of IC engine combustion, engine control and thermodynamics.
* Experience in calibration can be advantageous.
* Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink or similar.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills.
* German speaking preferable.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies. Our consultants specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally