|Job Ref:||204581109||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG DOE||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently recruiting for a Safety Engineer on behalf of one of our clients to work on a Nuclear New Build project. The successful candidtae will ensure the conformity of the Hinkley Point C (HPC) design to nuclear safety requirements. |
* independent review of identified engineering deliverables
* critical review of design change safety classification
* provision of advice to engineering personnel on nuclear safety and nuclear regulatory issues
* draft, review, revise and issuing procedural Nuclear Safety Mission procedures and guidance
* routine reporting of Nuclear Safety Mission activities
* preparing KPI data for the Nuclear Safety Policy dashboard
* provision of nuclear safety-related awareness training
* contributing to the development of Nuclear Professionalism
* development of nuclear safety messages , and communicating nuclear safety-related information
* identifying ways of improving the level of nuclear safety awareness and staff engagement
* monitor and advise on international developments in nuclear safety
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
* An engineering or science degree, with several years experience.
* Knowledge of nuclear safety codes, standards and practice, and experience in the application of nuclear safety principles and regulations in nuclear facility design and/or operation.
* Knowledge and experience of PWR/EPR design / operation /safety, and safety categorisation/modifications, and experience within a Design Authority or Safety Assurance group.
To apply for this role please contact Matt Hamill on (Apply online only)