|Job Ref:||204581325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
Our client is looking for a Principal Human Factors Consultant, this is a permanent role based in Bristol with travel to other sites.|
About the role:
The role will involve developing and enhancing the companies capabilities within Human Factors Integration.
Working within a variety of project teams, you will be operating at the Technical Lead and/or Project Manager level delivering Human Factors work programmes as part of multidisciplinary projects undertaken by our Systems Engineering teams. You will also have the opportunity to undertake research into a range of Human Factors related topics directly for our clients.
What you will need:
Degree level education in a Human Factors related degree and experience in a consultancy role. This position is ideally suited to somebody with a breadth of technical knowledge within human factors (15 years plus) and experience in reviewing and verifying the work of their peers. In addition, the ability to provide technical leadership within projects to junior members of the team is essential.
CErg status with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (or equivalent experience).
The role requires a deep understanding of the role of Human Factors within multi-disciplinary projects and the ability to plan and deliver Human Factors activities as part of a wider programme. Knowledge of Systems Engineering is a necessity. We would be interested if you have experience of integrating the Human Factors domains within other engineering and project related services.
- Ability to develop HF strategies for delivering complex projects, from both a technical and commercial perspective.
- Ability to manage projects from a technical and commercial perspective and to give specific direction to others as to how to complete well-defined tasks and monitor their performance within the project.
- Ability to author and review complex technical deliverables.
- Identify and support business development opportunities resulting in the preparation of estimates, proposals, budgets and documentation.
- Possess an excellent understanding and track record of undertaking formal HF analyses as applied to engineering programmes.
- Experience of forming and maintaining positive working relationships with customers.
- Ability to provide technical leadership/mentoring within projects to junior members of the team.
- Actively contribute to the overall vision and strategy for the human factors team.
- Experience of implementing human factors strategies across a wide range of safety critical industries is desirable.
What`s in it for you:
- Excellent salary and company benefits
- Fantastic career opportunities within this major blue chip company